2.10.2003

why is it that whenever i'm feeling so down, everyone around me seems to rally together and get me back up to where i was? not that i mind or anything. it's actually extremely cool to have all your friends around you trying to lift your spirits. and when they do, you feel all warm and tingly inside, and you smile a lot more, and everything is magically better. how do they do it? i don't know. ask the pigeons.

i felt like i talked my mouth off over the weekend. there were some things that needed to be said, and some things that needed to be heard, and some things that needed to get off my chest. there was talk about religion, loneliness, band, ice cream, collegiate a capella groups, the ring, what made me decide to go to cal, new york, problems of the typical college student, lethargy, french, burritos, real chicken, aaron copland, drum corps, men's basketball, women's basketball, shoes, laundry, burgers, boba, brh, cymbals, self-esteem, ex-boyfriends, kissing the pot, height measurement, html, dinner-comm, coloring, the basics of unix, water, not doing the reading for mcb 61 just quite yet, linguistics, and the ever-so-confusing question of what's for dinner. it felt great to purge things out of my system, as if they had been gnawing on my insides and been trying to slow me down ever since i heard about them.

and in the process i might have pissed a few people off. sorry, i tend to get crazy when i need an upper. and when the right people come along, i go insane.

m: so i woke up with a nosebleed today.
j: well, it's a good thing you're not a hemophiliac.

i told you my roommates are cool.

and with that, the semester gets more challenging. homework is starting to pile up, my first midterm is in less than two weeks, it's getting harder to understand my portuguese gsis, i'm getting less and less sleep, and band is taking up a lot of time. like sam said, in college, there are three key things: sleep, a social life, and academics -- you need the three, but you can only have two at a time.

and two at a time it is. i had four hours of sleep this morning. and i'll be damned if i do it again tonight.

so a word of warning: don't give me caffeine pills. instead, give me the money you were intending to spend on the caffeine pills so i can spend it on some mondo gelato. mmmm. tiramisu and bacio. mmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home