8.11.2002

our special guest tonight on the ink beat is mr. mike lee... and might i add, special props to him for getting into the usc school of cinema-television. they only accept about forty-five from the applicant pool of about a thousand. so congratulations, mike. i hope you enjoy this next one: i know i did.

Chipmunk

When one lucky chipmunk finds the most precious acorn; too beautiful to consume,
He may hide it away and defend it with passionate ferocity, his presence over it may always loom.
Another chipmunk may come along, wishing so much for that perfect acorn, that his heart aches with terrible desire, unfulfilled as the acorn yet resides in the other chipmunk's tree.
Long hours that hopeful, romantically hungry chipmunk may wait for a momentary glance at the acorn to set his heart for an instant; free.
With a glimpse, a fleeting feast for the eyes,
He may feel joy beyond all else, and yet his heart still yearns, his lust never dies.

What then shall our longing chipmunk friend do?
Stand by as an eternity passes and his little chipmunk love leaks through with no acorn to receive it?
More aching nights in love frenzied fits?
Should he wait until he is nothing but an empty shell,
A fur hat waiting to happen, a fuzzy coat on a hanger to sell?
Or should he brashly enter the other chipmunk's tree,
Sweeping the beautiful acorn from its unworthy beholder, set it free?
If you say the latter, should I then, like the chipmunk with his acorn, sweep you into my eager arms?

Yes... yes I should.
But will I?
No... no I won't.
My scarcity of courage leaves me only to shy away;
My little chipmunk tail between my legs,
To hope for the best:
A pity hug someday.

© 2002 by Michael Lee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home