8.09.2002

ladies and gentlemen, today's post will be our first guest appearance on the site... if you would please welcome ms. nina chanklin on the ink beat. this was written in our english class to portray and exaggerate a role that we play in our daily lives. this also was featured in canyon high school's literary magazine for 2002, reflections of a butterfly.

The Party Girl I Should Have Been

The party girl I should have been sports her trends so cool
With eyes made up, a pout painted red,
she uses sexuality as a tool.

The party girl I should have been builds up confidence so high,
When she walks into a room, all heads turn,
since she is unkown to the term "shy."

The party girl I should have been says, "Who cares, it's my life!"
She'll talk the talk and walk the walk.
She even considered going under the knife.

The party girl I should have been lives under business and powers.
With success in her name, she plays all the right games,
hardly coming home in decent hours.

The party girl that I just mentioned would have wanted the time
to think, to give, to like, or love
or maybe just all the above.

© 2002 by Nina Chanklin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home