2.16.2005

it hit me yesterday that i felt so small, just another part of this urbanist lifestyle, or whatever you want to call it.

on my ever-so-glamorous search for food last night, it started to rain. along one of the corridors i regularly walk on was this homeless guy, playing his harmonica, a sad tune coming out of that little instrument. it felt like a scene from a movie: the drizzle, the steam rising from the street vents, people milling about minding their own business.

right at the moment i passed him i felt really weird. i smiled, but i wasn't happy; i felt scared, actually.

there was a moment there when i thought i would get lost; simply by the moment catching up to me. i shook it off; got a little more wet in the rain, and continued on my walk.

and when i got home, in the silence of my room, and the presence of no one else but myself, i felt so small, so lucky, so loved.

and i don't know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home