6.04.2003

this would be part two of today's entries.

wow, i'm back in my house and on this beautiful communal computer. it feels weird; once i stepped in the house, there was this reminiscent scent of the room spray they use in the living room. but the routine of being in the house came back to me. the recycling bin is always on the left, my tv is operated by a remote, and i have no internet access in my room. it's weird to come back, sit down on your own bed (with new sheets!), and flip through a new cable service. i hate having to re-memorize channels, it's just too tedious.

being back isn't as bad as i thought it would be, but then, i haven't even seen my mom yet, and so that might get things to start, uh, "rolling." thanks to jon, i got to the airport with no hassles. i was right on time for boarding -- i got there, they hand me my ticket, and all of a sudden they tell me to go to the tsa line. five minutes until boarding, and i get checked. take your shoes off, sir, no, and your jacket too, extend your right leg, extend your arms to the sides please, this way please, step to the left...

i got to the gate with no time to spare. they had pretty much boarded everyone, except me.

then the guys i were sitting next to would not stop talking about the wonders of neosporin because it apparently is the most beautiful miracle drug on the face of this ungodly planet. i wanted to smack myself twice. it was not beautiful, although the directv and snacks on the jetBlue flight down weren't bad at all.

my borther picked me up, and now i'm here, chilling at home, saying the requisite his and hellos to relatives i don't know. then tonight, i have a feeling i'll be doing some mad karaoke, and some badly-needed catching up with good friends i haven't seen nore even talked to for a while.

"why are you even going back home, then?"

i guess it's just one of those things you need to do once in a while. it's good for the mind, it's good for the spirit. not necessarily the body, but who cares about that, right?

two weeks to go. go bears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home