10.04.2002

this next one is about being at the opposite end of someone who deems you to be extremely honest and trustworthy, as if probity had been in every cavity of their body. it's one of those "i don't deserve it" poems -- written both out of experience and sentimentality. i felt alienated enough to tell people to not trust me even though i trusted them with my entire life. i am so very afraid of people just up and leaving without as much as a moment's notice, and that may explain why i tend to not get too attached to people. if you're reading this and wondering, rest assured, i'm re-evaluating myself as we speak.

trust

how have you come to trust me so easily?
what did i do to deserve this trust?
absolutely nothing.
thanks for trusting me with your deep dark secrets
and your tall tales
and your melancholy melodrama
because i know you trust me.

why do you trust me?
i don’t even trust myself, you know.
i am so insecure.
i am ashamed of myself for letting you trust me.

i need to re-evaluate things
because right now
we’re throwing trust around like a frisbee
catch it here
throw it there
and i end up dropping it
and losing all the points i was trying to make.

don’t trust me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home