8.23.2004

i feel so old, but at the same token, i don't feel like i grew up any.

it was my birthday this past saturday, and i was teaching people how to march on an intramural field in uc davis.

it was hot, i was sweaty, and all i wanted to do was catch up on sleep, since i had already halfway lost my voice and my entire body was sore from the three days previous. (we were in an orientation program where we learned how to teach people these things.)

it was nice, though, when my friends decided to get up and sing for us in the middle of rehearsal. i felt all warm and fuzzy. and right before i went to sleep, my baby called me up and wished me a good night and a happy birthday.

it's really those simple things that make it worth it.

getting back yesterday i took the longest nap and woke back up in time for another full band meeting. (these things are starting to take up way too much of my time.)

and then, you realize you're telling some of these people that, despite all their efforts over the past few months in trying to be in the band, they're not good enough.

as the guy who was in charge of getting them all here, and now having to turn them away, it's a giant slap in the face, but then again, on the same edge, it's a horrible necessity.

emotionally and mentally drained would be the best ways to describe most of our situations right now.

go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home