3.12.2004

as much shit i gave you as a teenager, as many times as i stormed up from angry outbursts, as often as i gave you this annoyed, confused look when i didn't agree with what you were saying, and of course, as much as i wanted to just slap you for you to shut up, i thank you.

as much as i wanted to remember you when i was a child, as much as i wanted to talk to you about stuff that was going on, as much as i wanted to grow up with you, as much as you've forgiven me time and time again for the stupid things i've done in my liife (and i've done quite a few), i appreciate you.

as much as an adult i want to think i am, as mature as i think i should be, as organized as well i should be, as grateful you've made me, as much as you've taught me the value of true friendship and loyalty, as much as you've given me insight to the future, as much as you've taught me how to share and be open, as much as you've accepted me for who i am and what i've become, i still want you all to myself.

as much as i've said over and over again how much i hate your guts, as much as i've proven your point by whining and crying and acting like a little kid, as much as i've disagreed with you and tried to grin and bear it but couldn't, as much as i wish sometimes that there was a volume control button on you somewhere, as much as i wish that sometimes i didn't know you, i love you from the bottom of my heart.

so here's to you, mom. happy birthday. i love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home