2.10.2004

and then you realize this is going on, and then you have to stop and think about it one more time because you realize that science and objectivism have gone to the backburner and got replaced with politics and ideology.

in other news, there's this slump i seem to be in that doesn't ever seem to want to leave.

i wish i had this whole thing figured out, because if i did, i would be not worrying about anything at all right now.

i think it's a bit of a bad thing that i'm feeling way too good lately. i've been hanging out with good people, placing myself in good situations. hell, today, i even dropped off my first application for a job at new student services. (here's hoping, right?) i've even found myself wondering recently of how lucky i've been, to have my circumstances be as good as they are right now. in other words, i'm asking you: is it bad to feel this good, to know that i have something to look forward to and not have to do much for it in return?

i've always been a reciprocator: you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours. i'm finding it harder and harder to deal with people who expect little to nothing back, and i think what bothers me the most is that i know they deserve something great but i can't -- more often times, they won't let me -- deliver. now, as i think about it more, i realize that reciprocating has always been one of my constants, and that if it's not there (or if it isn't expected), i find myself picking up the pieces.

on that note, valentine's day is coming up soon. whoever knew that a day where people buy stuff for each other ends up being a celebration of lurve. (yeah, i'm a bit of a drag-me-down, but you already knew that.) so to whatever happens then, let's just hope there's some reciprocity in the works.

wish me luck in my survival this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home