1.11.2004

bad things to come out of southern california:

- the usual migraine that happens whenever i fly or drive here because of the air
- a stubbed toe
- pained thumbs and aggravated wrists thanks to my cts
- no exercise whatsoever, unless you count surfing channels and sleeping in
- drama with the grandma
- drama with the parents
- a wee car accident
- my brother not shutting up about the accident
- my brother pissing me off
- dead brokeness (i am serious like an indian kid taking his sats, dude)
- the issue with the dude

good things to come out of southern california:
- superfriends; namely nate, carie, mikey, and mooni
- hanging out with megan
- hanging out with jay and bates and spelicia
- cal bandsmen new year's eve at my aunt's house, and my relatives amazed that we can sing
- roscoe's chicken and waffles twice in one week (first at lake, then on pico)
- new year's at the lawn on colorado blvd. and sierra bonita ave.
- rediscovering artists like jay-z, no doubt, the rhcp and ryan adams
- seeing my grandmother
- seeing my cousins, who are five and six years old
- extensive journaling
- pictures
- my room
- a dsl connection, thank god
- cable television
- cable television while in my comfy bed
- cable television while in my comfy bed after a five-hour nap
- cable television while in my comfy bed after a five-hour nap after gorging on filipino food
- filipino food, and lots of it
- boba joe's (think crepes-a-go-go and sweetheart cafe combined, berkeleyites)
- meeting carie's apartmentmates
- meeting nate's coworkers
- being at disneyland
- being inappropriate at disneyland
- seeing canyon again, and how thankful i am for not being there anymore
- cool parents, despite the aforementioned drama
- central heating
- comedy central while hopped up on sunkist soda
- meeting someone from connecticut call soda "pop"
- the unofficial lyrics to the conan o'brien theme
- ten months and missing someone
- outkast awesomeness
- redesigning the horribly outdated phonez website
- staying up until seven in the morning, and no one caring
- sleeping in at eight in the evening, and no one caring
- knowlwood's
- plush cafe and getting lost thanks to mikey's amazing directions (commonwealth is not orangethorpe)
- having a car
- all in all good times

i'd say the good outweighs the bad this time, huh?

thanks, socal, you were good to me this time. not too harsh, but not too candy-coated, either.

back in berkeley tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home