12.22.2003

i think it's a great feeling whenever i get side cramps as i do pregame, when i'm out of breath as i pivot-hey into the eight beats of rest between 'big c' and 'sons,' when my legs feel like falling off as i highstep my way up to the very tip of the L (i'm the last person to leave the field!), and when i can barely play at the very end of the show. my heart beats faster, sweat gathers on my forehead, and the callous on my pinky is getting worked again.

and it's two days before christmas, already. who knew that i'd be rehearsing for bowl game week when i thought big game week three weeks ago was the last i'd do?

rhetorical devices aside, i think it was great how the second-year in rehearsal today group-hugged jimbo. i'm betting to say he was a little shocked or something, wondering why we even did it, but he needs to know that we really do appreciate him a lot. all of rehearsal, i couldn't get "love is all around" out of my head. so i felt it in my fingers and i felt it in my toes when the lack of sun happened at berkeley at around two in the afternoon.

i'm starting to feel a little weird, sitting in a darkened apartment (the lights are all busted), basically doing nothing of sorts until someone calls or i check my email or watch some tv. is this what happens when i get out of college and don't get a job? a meaningless, depressing, boring existence, wasted away day after day in front of either a tv or a computer?

i've gone home the past few days with the stoplights blinking. passing by them, i'm always reminded of what miho said to me one time: "i think stoplights start blinking at one in the morning so that they can party. i mean, they do their routine in the day, and so they have to release some pressure when it's at night. i mean, hell, the green one doesn't even show up."

um. wasted day after day?

i feel it in my fingers and i feel it in my toes that i need to get myself out of this lull, so here i go.

two a's for grades so far, what what. take that, first semester at cal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home