7.13.2003

there's this sinking gut feeling i get every time i get a phone call. from anybody. it's weird; every time i answer the phone, my hands clam up, my throat tightens up, i can feel my ears redden as blood rushes to them. my heart starts to beat a bit faster. my feet then need to start moving (or at least doing something!) and my free hand goes crazy. i guess you can say that i get a nice physical breakdown every time i pick up the phone. or something like social anxiety disorder, but instead of face-to-face, i hate dealing with it over the phone. and i'm being totally serious.

take today, for example. i got a few phone calls from a few people about a few things: alex needed the math book; kristina and stephanie canceled on our movie; rachel wanted to know if the movie date was still on, and was a heartbreak when i had to tell her that it was not; liam told me that he was gonna be back from ireland in a month and a half; and my brother told me that we still don't know what the deal is about them coming up to berkeley to visit. a bunch of phone calls, all of them different, but on the other end, i was sweating bullets and fending off something ridiculously close to a panic attack.

and the one phone call i wanted to get today, i get to wait one more week for. seriously.

it's funny to think that i can't ever talk on the phone right, that i'll be a complete moron when you just hear my voice. but then, i wonder why it's so easy for me to interact with someone else in front of me. maybe it's the whole human nature bit, that language encompasses much more than what you hear -- gestures, facial expressions, contextuality -- i can play off of something that you tell me in person much better than just the tone of your voice over that blasted machine.

on a side note, i'm very glad to be getting to know the rest of my newman class.

on another side note, there are some very beautiful and handsome recruits for the next year.

where's that phone call? i do tend to forget sometimes. such is life.

and now for something completely unrelated to anything i've been talking about, my best friend andrea from home informed me of some dirty dirty whoredom occurring at the old high school campus. glad to know that i'm not a part of it, and that people who genuinely deserve it are. and by the way, if you're reading this, oral sex is highly overrated. you can really only do so much with a penis.

here's to the hectic schedule coming in a month or so, and as an adjunct, here's to me not meeting any of my goals because of it. go bears, beat miguel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home