9.13.2002

ok. three posts for today in order to make up for my absence over the next three days.

first up is a guest on the inkbeat, ms. mai kozai... this would be one of her works hosted on her very own blog ( i suggest you pay a visit) and upon reading was one of those things you can just oddly relate with. to me, it has personal undertones that i'd really rather keep to myself. it sent chills down my spine because i knew exactly what she was talking about -- or if i thought i did, then i was aware of yet another situation. as the author herself says, "this poem is not to be taken with an offensive view. it's more like, the power of love. i don't know. read it and you critique. enjoy."

Disease

Many a nights I’d travel to find,
Only concluding to what’s on my mind.
You.
And I’d question, I’d inquire,
But not a single word was replied.
And I live in illusions never to come true
Shattering my deepest desires
Into miniscule pieces that can never be repaired.
They become dust in the wind,
Debris that crumbles in front of my eyes,
My very own dreams.

So I lay there, crumbled and weak,
Contaminated with an ugly disease,
Your love.

© 2002 by Mai Kozai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home