11.27.2003

The worst thing is I've realized it, but I can do absolutely nothing about it.

-noli

now that i have found someone
i'm feeling more alone
than i ever have before

-ben folds

consider me drowning slowly today.

it was eerie, today. berkeley was ridiculously empty, save for the few stalwart students who stayed for lack of better things to do. (i'm one of them -- i didn't really care much to go home, to eat with relatives i hardly know and talk up my school and be brought down again as they realized that my berkeley education was not going towards an engineering degree or to being a doctor or a lawyer.) today, i woke up from my bed much like normal days, did my usual house things, and relaxed.

i haven't done that in so long, and it was nice and refreshing. a bit lonely at times, when i realized i was checking my mailbox for the sevnth time in a row in forty minutes' time, but refreshing nonetheless.

the sky then turned gray at thereabouts of two p.m., when i had a hunch everyone and their mothers were eating turkey dinner. funny how in the seven years i've been here, i've always considered thanksgiving to be a superfluous holiday, but to some of my friends it's their favorite one, considering who gets to show up and stuff. back when i was growing up, there was nosuch thing as thanksgiving; no such thing as a turkey dinner (as i vividly remember my cousin screaming, "who eats turkey?!?"); no such thing as indians and pilgrims sharing in the bount of the harvest.

and don't get me started with christmas.

thanksgiving, i think, is overrated. not only because of the fact that i'm sitting here in a computer typing when i should be out enjoying other people's company, but there's a certain sense of ridiculousness when you think about thanksgiving: "thanks for letting us plunder your land and rape your women while we pillage your homes and convert you to christianity."

odd how there's no "you're wolcome receiving day" or something.

happy thanksgiving, or something. i'm a little too tired to care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home